The Discover Your Strength Book Club helps readers find their strengths through the lessons that they learn from fiction and non-fiction books.
The book club has two different programs:
- Fiction and non-fiction novels in which the characters go through extraordinary experiences through which they discover their strengths, and readers, in turn, through the narrative, discover as their strengths.
- Leadership books that provide readers with tools and skills to help them discover their strengths as leaders.
There are different levels of participation.
- Social Media
- Instagram: Read and respond to posts about the fiction and non-fiction books via Instagram
- Facebook Group: Read and respond to posts about the fiction and non-fiction books and share posts of your own
- LinkedIn Group: Read and respond to posts about leadership books and share posts of your own
- Interactive Online Meetings
- Monthly small group video chat discussions about the books and how the lessons learned apply to our lives
- Discussion questions emailed to participants a day in advance
- YouTube (coming soon)
- Short videos discussing the theme of discovering strength in the books and the application to our lives
- Podcast (coming soon)
- Short discussions on the theme of discovering strength in the different books and the application to our lives
Fiction and Non-Fiction Novels
- March-April: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- May: Adequate Yearly Progress by Roxanna Elden
- June: A Long Pearl of the Sea by Isabel Allende
*The book club will read one book per month to be selected with the participants.
- March-April: Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- May-June: Great at Work by Morten T. Hansen
- July-August: The Meaning Revolution by Fred Kofman
- September-October: Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- November-December: The Happiness Equation by Neil Pasricha
*The LinkedIn leadership book club will read one book every two months. Participants can select the 2021 books starting in October 2020.